No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the very best luxury castle hotels, chateau hotels, and castles & chateaux to rent around the Loire Valley, France in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Most Famous Former Guest: Louis XIII of France. Château de Brissac, near Saumur and Angers, is one of the Loire Valley’s, and indeed France’s, best known chateaux and sees many day visitors both French and international. With seven floors it is the country’s tallest, and its sheer scale alone makes it quite a jaw dropping sight. It is also though an incredibly beautiful building, an elegant masterpiece of architecture that is still thankfully with us after over 400 years of service to the Dukes of Brissac, with the thirteenth Duke of Brissac being your welcoming host today. The chateau is the Duke and his family’s main home and so, despite the chateau’s vast size (its has a total of 204 rooms) only a number of its bedrooms are available to B&B guests. This makes a stay here feel quite special and even more so when the day visitors disappear in the afternoon and the entire chateau and estate is left to you, your fellow guests and the Duke. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have three choices for overnight stays, all of them suites, with the classic double suite being the pick of the bunch in terms of opulence and sheer romantic beauty. READ MORE
- Château La Breteche is a rustic French chateau for rent near Orléans and the Loire Valley. It is a spacious and elegant five bedroom property that can sleep up to fourteen guests comfortably and though fully renovated internally it retains an alluring sense of the past. The setting is idyllic and deeply rural; the chateau is hidden away between the woods and the meandering River Cosson and you don’t have to stray too far to find yourself immersed in the peace and tranquility of nature. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five bedrooms at the chateau, five bathrooms, two large living rooms/dining rooms with satellite TV and a piano, a fully equipped kitchen and outside a furnished terrace area and barbecue facilities. Three of the bedrooms have two single beds, one other bedroom has three single beds and another five single beds. This brings the total occupancy up to 14, though of course they all can also be used as double rooms if that is what you would prefer. The chateau was built back in 1840, on the site of a previous, centuries old chateau. It has of course been renovated on numerous occasions since then and now comes with central heating, READ MORE
- Most famous former guest: King Henri IV of France, aka ‘Good King Henry’. Château de Chanzé is a beautifully authentic old château for rent near Angers in the heart of the Garden of France; the Loire Valley. It has history going all the way back to the 11th Century and still retains a huge amount of medieval ambience. There are five spacious bedrooms and suites in total, and the château can sleep up to fifteen people comfortably. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three spacious suites with en-suite bathrooms and lounge/seating areas, and two smaller bedrooms with shared bathroom. Two of the suites have one double bed and one single while the other has one double bed and two single beds. Of the two bedrooms, one has one double and one single bed and the other has just one double bed. Thus the château can sleep a total of up to fifteen people. The centre piece of the château is the very atmospheric 100m2 ‘Banquet Hall’ which has a five metre long solid oak dining table, an enormous, 17th century era fireplace, candelabras, handmade lead-light windows, a Young Chang grand piano and some lovely old antique furniture and art pieces. There is READ MORE
- Known as one of the most beautiful chateaux in Deux-Sevres, Aquitaine, the majestic Château de Saint Loup, which was commissioned in 1609 to honour Good King Henry; Henri IV of France, is now an intimate boutique hotel. The chateau is a stirring sight, it still has a wonderfully medieval atmosphere and, though you may be paying for the pleasure, it feels quite a privilege to stay there, knowing that in times gone by such a property would have been out of bounds for all except the highest levels of French aristocracy. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have just nine spacious rooms to choose from; doubles, triples and one larger ‘family room’ which has two separate sleeping quarters and can sleep up to four. Check your options on the booking page here. All of them are carefully decorated to maintain the medieval ambience with some lovely four poster beds, antique furniture and art pieces, and private bathrooms with old style bathtubs. The chateau has much lovely common space to explore too, with a library, a music room with piano, sitting rooms and a drinks bar at your disposal. The estate surrounding the moated chateau covers over 120 acres and includes some stunning 18th READ MORE
- Most Famous Former Guest: King Louis XI. Le Manoir de Champfreau has a three bedroom manor house and a one bedroom cottage for holiday rentals on a 15th-century, partially moated, estate near Saumur and the city of Tours, in the heart of the Loire Valley. The accommodation is spacious, comfortable and full of historic character with sturdy old stone walls, wood beamed ceilings and a great array of classic antique and art pieces. THE ACCOMMODATION: The main building is the 200 m² (2100 ft²) Manor House which has three comfortable and spacious double bedrooms, one of which is en-suite and all of which are beautifully, and individually, decorated with antiques, Persian rugs, mirrors, paintings, prints, tapestries and floor to ceiling curtains. Adjoining one of them is the Turret Room, a small room which served as the Manor Oratoire (private chapel) in olden times and is still now designed and decorated as such. The entrance hall has deep red upholstered walls, a large oak table and many fine antiques, paintings and prints, a wrought iron, candle holding chandelier, and an 18th-century era library filled with books, mainly about history, art and architecture. The main room of the house is the large READ MORE
- The 15th century era Château de la Motte is an authentic and charming French castle B&B near Châtellerault where Poitou-Charentes meets the southern Loire Valley. It is a special property, with a rich local history and a carefully maintained old world atmosphere. At first glance the interior design barely seems to touch the 21st century, such is the authenticity of the place, but modern comforts and facilities are also here. THE ACCOMMODATION: Though the building is large Château de la Motte has just 6 rooms in total for guests; 3 cosy double/twin rooms and two ‘deluxe doubles’ which have more space, an extra bed and the added perk of a spa bath in the bathroom. Finally there is a ‘family suite’ with two extra beds. Check your options on the booking page here. All of the rooms come with views, and some also come with a nice romantic open fireplace, put a note in the booking form to request if you’d like. The decor of all is beautifully old fashioned; all the double beds are four poster for example and almost every piece of furniture is antique. The breakfast at the château is a great feast to be taken in READ MORE
- Chateau De Piedouault is a wonderfully authentic old chateau for rent near the Loire Valley and the cities of Nantes and Angers. It has 700 m² of internal space, can accommodate up to 15 guests, and has all the ingredients in place for a relaxed, leisurely stay. The location is ideal too for exploring the very iconic, and very beautiful, Loire and Anjou regions of France. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are a total of eight bedrooms at the chateau, a mixture of double and twins except for one single room, and it can accommodate 15 guests comfortably. There is also a large living room/ lounge area plus a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen. Outside you have acres of space with gardens, which include a heated swimming pool, lovely woodland walks and views of the surrounding countryside. Check out all the fine details on the booking page here. The house feels both spacious and cosy at the same time and is the type of place that begins to feel like home very quickly indeed. You’re find the owners, who live nearby, welcoming and friendly and will on arrival offer you a nice gift pack of food staples and wine. THE READ MORE