No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for, and reviews of, the best pet friendly/dog friendly castle hotels, manor houses & chateaux to stay in France in 2020! All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- The 4 Star Château de la Caze is a very romantic, Renaissance era chateau hotel with a fairy tale like setting in the Gorges du Tarn near Rodez, a canyon gorge that is one of this area of France’s most well known natural wonders. The chateau has an intimate, boutique hotel feel and a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere. It also some lovely gardens, a heated outdoor swimming pool, a spa bath, a gym and an excellent gastronomic restaurant amongst other things. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of rooms and suites available from standard double rooms to 40 m² suites. Most of them are in the chateau itself with some suites also to be found in the Maison de Martine, an adjacent converted old farm building. All the accommodation choices are doubles but in the Maison de Martine suites you can sleep an extra two people using the sofa bed (though for an extra charge). Some people have reported that some of the standard double rooms are a bit on the cramped size, to be certain of adequate space you can go for the superior rooms or above. Of the suites the only thing to decide is whether to take one READ MORE
- The four star 19th century Château Hotel Grand Barrail lies among some beautiful countryside near to Bordeaux and nearer still to Saint-Emilion in the heart of South West France‘s Aquitaine Dordogne. The estate is surrounded by beautifully tended gardens and acres of vineyards, and is particularly known for two things, its food; the kitchen, run by Chef Romain Gondras serves up some of the most innovative cuisine in the region, and its extensive spa which has two hammams, two saunas, a hot tub, various treatment and fitness rooms and a wide choice of Cinq Mondes body treatments. THE ACCOMMODATION: Between the château and its three neighbouring annexes there is a choice of over 40 rooms and suites. Check out all your options on the booking page here. Most of them have a terrace or balcony from where you can enjoy views over the surrounding vineyards and all are extremely comfortable and clean. Though these days they are quite modern in style they still retain a certain, quite old fashioned, opulent charm. They have the usual modern comforts of course; flat screen TV, WiFi, study and seating area, as well as some beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The château itself is of course very READ MORE
- Chateau De Piedouault is a wonderfully authentic old chateau for rent near the Loire Valley and the cities of Nantes and Angers. It has 700 m² of internal space, can accommodate up to 15 guests, and has all the ingredients in place for a relaxed, leisurely stay. The location is ideal too for exploring the very iconic, and very beautiful, Loire and Anjou regions of France. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are a total of eight bedrooms at the chateau, a mixture of double and twins except for one single room, and it can accommodate 15 guests comfortably. There is also a large living room/ lounge area plus a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen. Outside you have acres of space with gardens, which include a heated swimming pool, lovely woodland walks and views of the surrounding countryside. Check out all the fine details on the booking page here. The house feels both spacious and cosy at the same time and is the type of place that begins to feel like home very quickly indeed. You’re find the owners, who live nearby, welcoming and friendly and will on arrival offer you a nice gift pack of food staples and wine. THE READ MORE
- The Napoleon III era Château de Sacy is now a sophisticated boutique hotel near Reim in the heart of France’s Champagne region and just over an hour from Paris. With just 12 rooms and suites it is a homely, intimate place, which has friendly, helpful staff, an excellent restaurant and sweeping views over the surrounding vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: Your choices are between classic, superior and deluxe rooms and two lovely 50 m² suites. All are individually decorated, opulent and chic, and get the balance just right between modern and period style. They are also spacious with even the most basic rooms; the classic rooms, covering a minimum of 23 m². Of all the room choices these Classic Rooms probably represent the best value behind just a tad smaller than the Deluxe Rooms but equally stylish and comfortable, though their bathrooms have just a shower and no bath, if that’s important to you. Speaking of bathrooms and baths, those of the suites are really quite something, and come with classically romantic roll top baths. Take a look at all on the booking page here. Modern conveniences include Wifi and cable TV but, oddly enough for such a plush looking place, no READ MORE
- Known as one of the most beautiful chateaux in Deux-Sevres, Aquitaine, the majestic Château de Saint Loup, which was commissioned in 1609 to honour Good King Henry; Henri IV of France, is now an intimate boutique hotel. The chateau is a stirring sight, it still has a wonderfully medieval atmosphere and, though you may be paying for the pleasure, it feels quite a privilege to stay there, knowing that in times gone by such a property would have been out of bounds for all except the highest levels of French aristocracy. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have just nine spacious rooms to choose from; doubles, triples and one larger ‘family room’ which has two separate sleeping quarters and can sleep up to four. Check your options on the booking page here. All of them are carefully decorated to maintain the medieval ambience with some lovely four poster beds, antique furniture and art pieces, and private bathrooms with old style bathtubs. The chateau has much lovely common space to explore too, with a library, a music room with piano, sitting rooms and a drinks bar at your disposal. The estate surrounding the moated chateau covers over 120 acres and includes some stunning 18th READ MORE
- Château de Sadillac is an exclusive, 11th century era, château for rent near Bergerac in the Dordogne department of Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France. It has 6 bedrooms 3 of which are en-suite, a spacious kitchen, living & dining room, bar and a large outdoor terrace area. It also has nicely tended gardens, barbecue facilities, a huge chess board, a kid’s play area, a trampoline, a fishing lake, an outdoor swimming pool, a Finnish sauna and, most note-worthy of all, a 9 hole, 27 par golf course, which guests at the chateau have exclusive, private use of for the duration of their stay. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 6 bedrooms at the property, 3 of which are en-suite, a spacious living room with comfortable seating, a wood burner, TV & DVD player etc. and an adjoining bar-room. The kitchen is also large and fully equipped, and apart from the more general kitchen facilities it also has a coffee machine, a dishwasher and a washing machine. The property is secluded and private with an ancient wall and lines of trees protecting it from the outside. Around the large terrace area there is a children’s play corner, oversize chess board, table tennis, barbecue facilities plus pizza/bread making READ MORE
- The 17th century era Château de Tourreau is without doubt one of the finest châteaux for rent in Provence, and indeed one of Provence’s finest properties in general, It has been beautifully renovated, in keeping with its historical spirit but with 21st century conveniences and facilities, and the interior design is immaculate at every turn. It also has 17 acres of private parkland which include a historic consecrated chapel, meticulously designed gardens (with a large swimming pool and tennis courts), as well as woodlands, orchards, streams and a small lake. THE ACCOMMODATION: Note: There is a 3 night minimum stay at this property. The interiors cover at least 800 square metres, with nine double and twin bedrooms in total. On the ground and first floor you have three master bedrooms with queen sized beds and ensuite bathrooms. And on the second, six more bedrooms all of which are also ensuite; one with king size bed, two with queen size, two with standard doubles and one with twin beds. Other rooms at the property include a lovely formal dining hall, a library, a large kitchen and three reception rooms. The Château’s internal courtyard is an extra charming feature with its fountains READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Grace Kelly, Jacques Chirac, Queen Elizabeth II. The magnificent walled city of Carcassonne, France, is certainly a wondrous sight. The words ‘walled city’ can be used to refer to a huge number of cities around the world but in Carcassonne’s case the ‘walls’ are more castle ramparts than walls and so, rather excitingly, it could be said that Carcassonne is a city within a castle. So popular is it though that the hordes of tourists that descend on it every summer can take somewhat from the experience that such a stirring sight can promise. The walled city of Carcassonne has though a, not so little, secret that those in the know can use to take in all that medieval atmosphere without the masses. The secret is Hotel de la Cité, a beautifully crafted Neo-Gothic castle hotel tucked into the ramparts of the ancient walls that apart from being, in itself, a gorgeous and atmospheric property and the city’s only five star hotel, also gives access to the walls around which you can wander freely in the peace of the evening or night when all the tourists are gone. THE ACCOMMODATION: Hôtel De La Cité is undoubtedly Carcassonne’s READ MORE
- The 400 year old Château de la Pommeraye is a wonderfully atmospheric boutique hotel near Caen, and the D-Day landing beaches, in Normandy, France, with an intimate, friendly atmosphere and a gorgeously peaceful rural setting. It is a relatively informal place and in common with many great boutique hotels, a stay at the chateau feels more like being in the company of distant relatives than being in a hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of rooms and suites, all of which are doubles/twins and which range in size from 36 to 85 m². There are no ordinary or standard rooms here, every one is either in the ‘luxury’ or the ‘prestige’ category, and are broadly similar except in terms of extra space. Check out your options on the booking page here. Broadly similar means polished wooden floors, large windows with old style tie-up curtains, regal looking beds, plump soft fabrics and an array of classic art works and antique furniture pieces to accentuate the romantic, historical ambience. With even the smallest room having 36 m² to play with, space becomes really not much of an issue and so the lower cost choices should be more than adequate for most READ MORE
- Château Marteret is a fairly tale like, luxury chateau for rent in the heart of Gascony, South West France, near to both Bordeaux and the foothills of the Pyrenees. It has eight bedrooms and can sleep up to fourteen people very comfortably. The beautifully renovated interiors are minimalist and chic, and maintain loads of historical charm. Surrounding the chateau there are over 400 acres of estate to be explored which include orchards, woodland, meadows, a lake and a small herd of Meren horses. THE ACCOMMODATION: The chateau has a total of six spacious double bedrooms and one twin. It also has five very nice bathrooms some with romantic bath tubs, an elegant, French country style kitchen (catering services can also be arranged though if you don’t feel like cooking), dining room, and lounges and sitting areas with comfortable seating and stylish furniture. Check out all the details on the booking page here. (Note though that there is a minimum stay of 4 nights.) The chateau itself is undoubtedly beautiful and atmospheric but for many the estate’s private grounds make a stay there extra special. They cover nearly 450 acres in total and you can go swimming and sailing (there is READ MORE
- Château de Fonscolombe is a magnificent 18th-century château built in the Italianite Quattrocento style, now a 5 Star boutique hotel in Provence, France. It has wonderfully elegant accommodation, beautiful botanic gardens, a vineyard and winery, spa facilities and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a 50 B&B rooms and suites at the château, from doubles to quadruples, with the rooms being classed as Standard, Deluxe and Superior, and the suites; Junior and Prestige. The Prestige Suites are the ultimate in style and class, and a lavishly romantic feast for the senses, but even the most standard rooms at Château de Fonscolombe, though more minimalist, are also elegant and chic. Check your options out on the booking page here. The entire château is immaculately restored, in formal 18th-century style and is a great pleasure to wander around. It has numerous lavish salons and intimate spaces to lounge in, and a great array of old art and antique furniture to be admired. There is a fine restaurant here, a separate lounge bar, spa facilities and an outdoor heated swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: L’Orangerie is the hotel restaurant and serves what might best be described READ MORE
- Tiara Château Hôtel Mont Royal Chantilly, to give it its full title, is a lavishly beautiful, 5 Star chateau hotel near Paris, France with a sublime hilltop setting overlooking the ancient royal hunting grounds of Chantilly Forest. The chateau is quite a sight from the outside and was certainly built to impress. It is towering and commanding and yet elegant and refined. The interiors are more simple and understated than you might expect for such a lavish building but have oodles of old style, Belle Epoque charm. Their rooms and suites are suitably luxurious and elegant, and the hotel has superb facilities including a fine dining restaurant, a spa, swimming pool, tennis courts, pétanque course and more, plus the surrounding forest is perfect for long leisurely strolls and cycles, with bikes being available from the hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of 108 sound-proofed rooms and suites at the chateau, all of which are doubles and range from classic rooms through executive and deluxe rooms right up to Royal/Presidential Suites. Check your options out on the booking page here. They vary greatly in size from 25 to 115 m² but they all share the same sense of old fashioned READ MORE
- Near to St Tropez and the French Riviera, this 5 Star château hotel is a slice of heaven in rural Provence and a place guaranteed to greatly please lovers of nature, wine and food. The vast majority of the 1,235 acres estate is left to the supervision of Mother Nature and is a classic Provençal mix of garrigue and centuries old trees. They have some charming gardens too, which include a swimming pool, and a vast 320 acres of vineyards. Their vineyards have been producing Provençal wines and rosés for over three hundred years, with their wines being consistently well rated. There are two fine restaurants at the hotel to enjoy too, one of which, Jardin de Benjamin, was awarded a Michelin star in 2017. They also have top of the range spa facilities and lots of activities on offer. Wine tasting, cellar & vineyard tours etc. are the first to spring to mind but also things like reiki and yoga, guided botanical walks, quad biking and the traditional French sport of Pétanque (boules). THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 27 spacious rooms and suites which generally have a rustic, country-chic vibe. With tiled floors, floral fabrics and much elegant antique furniture READ MORE