No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Enjoy some of the world's very finest food at our choices for the best castle hotels with Michelin Star restaurants in United Kingdom in 2020! All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking and lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- The Lanesborough, on Hyde Park Corner, has perhaps London’s most prestigious address and consistently appears near the top of any sensible list of that city’s finest luxury hotels, with its double Michelin Starred Céleste Restaurant being an added bonus. A Grade II listed, Neoclassical building, it was built in 1827 during the reign of George IV to replace the previous mansion built by the 2nd Viscount Lanesborough in 1719, when the first King George; George I, was on the throne. The present day hotel is a stunning place, lavishly furnished in late Georgian/Regency style, it offers a level of luxury and class that few hotels in London, or anywhere else in the world for that matter, can match. For all its opulence though what also makes the Lanesborough stand out is its surprisingly down to earth, friendly ambience. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Lanesborough has 93 rooms and 43 suites to choose from, with la crème de la crème being the incredibly opulent, 363 m² – 3900 square feet, Lanesborough Suite. All the rooms and suites are doubles though an extra bed can also be provided if needed. Check your options out on the booking page here. The interior design at the READ MORE
- Most famous former guests: Queen Mary, Gertrude Jekyll. The 400 year old Gravetye is a gorgeous 17 room boutique manor house hotel near East Grinstead, Sussex, Gatwick Airport and just 30 miles from central London. It is surrounded by more than 1,000 acres of peaceful countryside including some deservedly famous Victorian era gardens, and it has one of Sussex’s very finest restaurants, the Michelin Starred ‘Dining Room Restaurant’. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 17 classically styled en-suite rooms and suites at Gravetye all of which are plush and inviting with super comfortable beds, deluxe soft fabrics, antique furniture, quirky period features and soothing colours and floral patterns all around. They range from small single rooms through superior, classic, deluxe and luxury doubles and, largest of all, double suites which have a separate lounge area. Except for the single rooms they all are spacious, with the largest of the doubles, the luxury doubles being not much smaller than the more expensive suites, and so perhaps offer better value. Check your options on the booking page here. They all come with garden views and the gardens here are among the most famous in England. Designed in 1885 by its former owner, and one of READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Laurel & Hardy, J.K. Rowling, Oprah Winfrey, The Queen Mother, Elizabeth Taylor. For over a hundred years the imposing 5 star Balmoral Hotel has sat at Edinburgh, Scotland’s most prestigious address; No. 1 Princes Street. The historic building and its grand clock tower are city landmarks and the hotel’s reputation here, as the ultimate in old fashioned sophistication and style, is second to none. Enjoy fine dining at its Michelin starred restaurant, sooth any strains at the award winning spa facilities, sample some Scotch at the famous Balmoral Whisky Bar which has over 500 varieties in total, and/or just relax, wander around and enjoy the delightfully civil atmosphere of this very special historic hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Balmoral describes itself as the ‘perfect marriage of tradition and modernity’ and though the modern is present it is the tradition that makes the building so unique and aesthetically pleasing. It is a classic 19th century homage to Renaissance architecture with bold, broad staircases, towering columns and large windows. There is a total of 168 rooms and 20 suites to choose from, all of which were individually styled by the designer Olga Polizzi in more, but not overtly so, contemporary READ MORE
- Most Famous Guest: Sir Winston Churchill. Glenapp is an extremely charming luxury castle hotel hidden away in the forests of South Ayrshire, near Glasgow, Scotland. It has, since its inception in the year 2000, offered the best in five star luxury with consistently high levels of hospitality and friendly service. Designed by renowned architect David Bryce in the 1860’s, it is to this day one of the finest examples around of the Scottish Baronial style of architecture. It is filled with elegant period features and furnishings, has a world class, Michelin Star winning, restaurant, and with acres of landscaped gardens, sea views and a secluded forest setting it makes for a wonderfully romantic hideaway. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are seventeen B&B rooms and suites to choose from at Glenapp Castle. Many of them (on the upper floors) have sea views where you can look out upon the famous volcanic rock of Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and Holy Island in the distance, and on clear days it’s even possible to catch a glimpse of the hills of Antrim far across the water in Ireland. These are more expensive, naturally, than the ground floor rooms but you will find all of their rooms super comfortable, READ MORE
- The Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe, has been removed from our listings. To browse other castle hotels in England click here: Castle Stays in England READ MORE
- The 5 Star Lympstone Manor Hotel in South Devon is a Georgian era manor house turned exclusive contemporary hotel that has realistic ambitions to become one of South West England’s very finest. It describes itself as a ”new generation’ country house hotel and it oozes style and class; the superb interior design blending old and new with great panache. The setting is tremendous too with gardens running all the way down to the Exe estuary and the Jurassic Coast, and to top it all it has a restaurant that achieved its first Michelin star within six months of opening. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of individually styled, soundproofed rooms and suites all with hand crafted beds, temperature regulating duvets, plush fabrics and stylish furniture. Many come with balconies with estuary views and some of the suites have an outdoor hot tub on the private terrace. Check out your options on the booking page here. The bathrooms are particularly fantastic at Lympstone with enormous rainfall showers, romantic roll top baths and luxury L’Occitane toiletries. The hotel in general has an immaculate sense of style and there is much to learned here about interior design and attention to detail. Classic and READ MORE