No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for, and reviews of, the best luxury castle hotels with spa facilities in France in 2021! All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
The Best Luxury Castle & Chateau Hotels, and Castles & Chateaux to Rent in France. Lowest Price Guaranteed via Booking.com
- Most Famous Guests: Grace Kelly, Jacques Chirac, Queen Elizabeth II. The magnificent walled city of Carcassonne, France, is certainly a wondrous sight. The words ‘walled city’ can be used to refer to a huge number of cities around the world but in Carcassonne’s case the ‘walls’ are more castle ramparts than walls and so, rather excitingly, it could be said that Carcassonne is a city within a castle. So popular is it though that the hordes of tourists that descend on it every summer can take somewhat from the experience that such a stirring sight can promise. The walled city of Carcassonne has though a, not so little, secret that those in the know can use to take in all that medieval atmosphere without the masses. The secret is Hotel de la Cité, a beautifully crafted Neo-Gothic castle hotel tucked into the ramparts of the ancient walls that apart from being, in itself, a gorgeous and atmospheric property and the city’s only five star hotel, also gives access to the walls around which you can wander freely in the peace of the evening or night when all the tourists are gone. THE ACCOMMODATION: Hôtel De La Cité is undoubtedly Carcassonne’s READ MORE
- The very pretty Chateau de Maraval is where 15th century design meets 21st and somehow they get along quite nicely. Its unashamedly contemporary interior design being so well done it doesn’t seem at all incongruous on a five centuries’s old canvas. The chateau is a boutique hotel but with only four rooms (book as quick as you can!), very friendly hosts and a down to earth atmosphere, it feels more like a gathering place for long lost friends. The breakfast here is a great feast and served up until noon, later on you can enjoy complimentary homemade cakes and snacks, coffee and tea etc. The owners sometimes organize evening dinners for the guests too and there are also some great restaurants in the surrounding area. The chateau itself looks fairytale like from the outside, especially as it is surrounded by some lovely deep, peaceful woodland – very inviting to explore. There is also a swimming pool at the property, a small gym and spa facilities. Note: neither children nor pets are allowed at Château de Maraval. REVIEWS: “The chateau exceeded our very high expectations in every way possible. The location is peaceful, the air fresh and invigorating. The house itself READ MORE
- The 4 Star Château de Labro is a luxury vineyard hotel & spa near the town of Rodez in central France’s Occitanie region, previously known as Midi-Pyrénées. The medieval château oozes old world elegance and the grounds have charming gardens, a swimming pool, orchards and vineyards. There is a very fine restaurant at the château too and the food and the wine is superb. For an extra novel stay, if a medieval château bedroom doesn’t appeal, you can also spend the night at the luxury treehouse in the gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The treehouse is a very popular choice so can get booked out months in advance. It is a fine piece of engineering, architecture and design and once inside it feels more like luxury studio apartment than what you might imagine a treehouse to be. The 16th century château itself has charmingly romantic rooms, with antique furniture pieces and four poster beds. The rooms are mainly doubles but there is also a family room which can sleep up to four, as well as a self catering apartment to also sleep up to four. Check your options on the booking page here. Being a luxury hotel you can expect the accommodation READ MORE
- Near to St Tropez and the French Riviera, this 5 Star château hotel is a slice of heaven in rural Provence and a place guaranteed to greatly please lovers of nature, wine and food. The vast majority of the 1,235 acres estate is left to the supervision of Mother Nature and is a classic Provençal mix of garrigue and centuries old trees. They have some charming gardens too, which include a swimming pool, and a vast 320 acres of vineyards. Their vineyards have been producing Provençal wines and rosés for over three hundred years, with their wines being consistently well rated. There are two fine restaurants at the hotel to enjoy too, one of which, Jardin de Benjamin, was awarded a Michelin star in 2017. They also have top of the range spa facilities and lots of activities on offer. Wine tasting, cellar & vineyard tours etc. are the first to spring to mind but also things like reiki and yoga, guided botanical walks, quad biking and the traditional French sport of Pétanque (boules). THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 27 spacious rooms and suites which generally have a rustic, country-chic vibe. With tiled floors, floral fabrics and much elegant antique furniture READ MORE
- The Napoleon III era Château de Sacy is now a sophisticated boutique hotel near Reim in the heart of France’s Champagne region and just over an hour from Paris. With just 12 rooms and suites it is a homely, intimate place, which has friendly, helpful staff, an excellent restaurant and sweeping views over the surrounding vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: Your choices are between classic, superior and deluxe rooms and two lovely 50 m² suites. All are individually decorated, opulent and chic, and get the balance just right between modern and period style. They are also spacious with even the most basic rooms; the classic rooms, covering a minimum of 23 m². Of all the room choices these Classic Rooms probably represent the best value behind just a tad smaller than the Deluxe Rooms but equally stylish and comfortable, though their bathrooms have just a shower and no bath, if that’s important to you. Speaking of bathrooms and baths, those of the suites are really quite something, and come with classically romantic roll top baths. Modern conveniences include Wifi and cable TV but, oddly enough for such a plush looking place, no mini-bar or tea coffee making facilities, though this may be READ MORE
- A former 12th century Knights Templar castle, Château Saint Martin is now a magnificent, 5 Star luxury hotel retreat set high in the hills above Saint Paul de Vence and the French Riviera. It has magnificent views, spacious, comfortable rooms and suites, over 30 acres of beautifully tended gardens which include a swimming pool and tennis courts, a Michelin Star Restaurant, opulent spa facilities and dedicated staff who offer a personalised service that is really second to none. To top it all Château Saint Martin also has an amazing array of art adorning its walls, art which includes works by such iconic figures as Picasso, Matisse, Renoir and Chagall. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a huge range of accommodation options at the chateau, from double rooms and suites at the chateau itself to luxury private, self catering villas on the hillside nearby. They are all classically styled, comfortable and spacious, with even the smallest of rooms being roughly 25 m². All too are airy, bright and clean with pastel shaded walls, country-chic Pierre Frey fabrics and large windows offering superb views. Internally the rooms might almost be a match for the suites but for the lack of terrace space which comes READ MORE
- The four star 19th century Château Hotel Grand Barrail lies among some beautiful countryside near to Bordeaux and nearer still to Saint-Emilion in the heart of South West France‘s Aquitaine Dordogne. The estate is surrounded by beautifully tended gardens and acres of vineyards, and is particularly known for two things, its food; the kitchen, run by Chef Romain Gondras serves up some of the most innovative cuisine in the region, and its extensive spa which has two hammams, two saunas, a hot tub, various treatment and fitness rooms and a wide choice of Cinq Mondes body treatments. THE ACCOMMODATION: Between the château and its three neighbouring annexes there is a choice of over 40 rooms and suites. Check out all your options on the booking page here. Most of them have a terrace or balcony from where you can enjoy views over the surrounding vineyards and all are extremely comfortable and clean. Though these days they are quite modern in style they still retain a certain, quite old fashioned, opulent charm. They have the usual modern comforts of course; flat screen TV, WiFi, study and seating area, as well as some beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The château itself is of course very READ MORE
- Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly, to give it its full title, is a lavishly beautiful, 5 Star chateau hotel near Paris, France with a sublime hilltop setting overlooking the ancient royal hunting grounds of Chantilly Forest. The chateau is quite a sight from the outside and was certainly built to impress. It is towering and commanding and yet elegant and refined. The interiors are more simple and understated than you might expect for such a lavish building but have oodles of old style, Belle Epoque charm. Their rooms and suites are suitably luxurious and elegant, and the hotel has superb facilities including a fine dining restaurant, a spa, swimming pool, tennis courts, pétanque course and more, plus the surrounding forest is perfect for long leisurely strolls and cycles, with bikes being available from the hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of 108 sound-proofed rooms and suites at the chateau, all of which are doubles and range from classic rooms through executive and deluxe rooms right up to Royal/Presidential Suites. They vary greatly in size from 25 to 115 m² but they all share the same sense of old fashioned French style and class, with lots of period decor READ MORE
- Château de Fonscolombe is a magnificent 18th-century château built in the Italianite Quattrocento style, now a 5 Star boutique hotel in Provence, France. It has wonderfully elegant accommodation, beautiful botanic gardens, a vineyard and winery, spa facilities and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a 50 B&B rooms and suites at the château, from doubles to quadruples, with the rooms being classed as Standard, Deluxe and Superior, and the suites; Junior and Prestige. The Prestige Suites are the ultimate in style and class, and a lavishly romantic feast for the senses, but even the most standard rooms at Château de Fonscolombe, though more minimalist, are also elegant and chic. The entire château is immaculately restored, in formal 18th-century style and is a great pleasure to wander around. It has numerous lavish salons and intimate spaces to lounge in, and a great array of old art and antique furniture to be admired. There is a fine restaurant here, a separate lounge bar, spa facilities and an outdoor heated swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: L’Orangerie is the READ MORE