No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for, and reviews of, the best bed & breakfast castle hotel stays in Switzerland in 2021! All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Most Famous Guests: Marlene Dietrich, Alfred Hitchcock, Audrey Hepburn. Long a St Moritz, and Swiss Alps, landmark, the 5 star luxury Badrutt’s Palace Hotel is a splendid building and a legendary hotel. Built in the grand, Neo-Gothic style popular in the late 19th century its historical elegance is still very much intact, and has now been wedded with modern facilities and levels of comfort and service that are simply world class. It is very much a hospitality institution, and one of Switzerland’s, and Europe’s, very best luxury hotels. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has 157 rooms, 37 of which are suites. All are as plush and grand as you would expect and run from 20m2 single rooms to choice 95m2 suites. All the rooms have a view, of either the lake or the mountains, and some also come with balconies. Their grand marble bathrooms are worth a mention too with rainfall showers and old style bathtubs. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The hotel is enormous, and just wandering around soaking in the old style elegance of the place is a pleasure. You’ll find lounges, bars, READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Princess Diana, Prince Rainer, Grace Kelly, Michael Jackson. The 5 Star luxury Gstaad Palace Hotel is another Swiss Alps institution smoothly fulfilling the desires of discerning international guests with great style and class. It has stood on a hill over the lovely Alpine resort of Gstaad for over a hundred years and is very much a hotel of the old school type. The atmosphere is grand and regal and the impeccable service leans on the side of formal. It has 90 luxurious rooms and suites and lots for guests to pass their time with; five different restaurants, two bars, a nightclub (the infamous GreenGo club), a fitness centre, spa facilities, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, a squash court and four outdoor tennis courts. Note: The Gstaad Palace is a seasonal hotel; only being open for the summer season between June and September, and for the winter between December and March. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are a total of 55 rooms and 35 suites to choose from, from classic doubles to roughly 90 sq m deluxe suites. Though all the accommodation units are relatively large, the emphasis is on cosiness and warmth, and their plump fabrics and pastel shades lend READ MORE
- This elegant 19th century neo-Baroque castle, in Pontresina near St. Moritz, Swiss Alps, has long been considered a very special property but never more so than now, in its current form as one of Switzerland’s finest luxury 5 star hotels. It has panoramic views of some of the country’s most wonderful scenery; the Bernina glaciers and the Engadine Mountains, an award winning restaurant, a luxury spa and a host of other superb facilities. The service here is impeccable and the wonderful staff go out of their way to ensure both adults and children have a smooth, stress free luxury hotel experience in an opulent, distinctly old style, ambience. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a great choice of rooms and suites, 112 in total, from standard singles to the top of the range, 48m², Grand Premium junior suite. In between are various rooms and junior suites consisting of singles, doubles and twins with some of the larger spaces also having a sofa bed to sleep extra occupants. Check your options on the booking page here. All of them are elegantly furnished and superbly clean and comfortable. They, along with all of the castle, lack no modern convenience but they still manage to retain a READ MORE
- The spectacular Château Gütsch is a Lucerne, Switzerland, landmark — a fairytale like, 19th century folly castle, it sits high on a hilltop with stunning views over the city and Lake Lucerne. The setting is peaceful and isolated but the hotel has its own historical funicular which runs from 4.30am until 1.15am and so guests can come and go to the city in a matter of minutes. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 31 spacious rooms and suites at Chateau Gutsch with the rooms, both doubles and triples, being pretty much identical except for the view. There is an extra premium for the ‘Lake View’ rooms which have those magnificent views over the city and the lake from their windows, while the others have views of the surrounding forest. Then there are the Junior and Deluxe suites both of which are really quite beautiful and, if budget allows, worth the extra. They have those tremendous views too and are lavishly decorated. The Junior suites cover around 40 m², and the Deluxe 73 m², but what makes the deluxe the real show stealers is their huge terrace, 82 m² of it, even larger than the suite itself. You’ll find all READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev. The very exclusive Dolder Grand, long regarded as one of Europe’s best hotels, sits on hill overlooking Zurich, Switzerland, a city in which it is very much an iconic building. It first served as a Curhaus or health spa in the late 19th century and still does today though with much more modern facilities at its 4,000 meter spa. It has two fairly distinct sections, the old, Belle Époque era castle building with its copper topped turrets and the newer (completed 2008) modernist wings on either side. The addition of newer sections to historical hotels is a tricky business and many have made serious blunders with such adventures, but not the Dolder Grand. The new sections are Norman Foster designed, he of the Gherkin & Wembley Stadium in London, and Hearst Tower in New York amongst others, and are a typically elegant, sweeping blend of steel, stone and glass. Both buildings, though over a century apart in style, accentuate each other in an uncommonly aesthetic way. Two other major things to note about the Dolder Grand are its tremendous two Michelin Star restaurant and its extensive private art collection with over 100 works by READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Richard Wagner, Jean Cocteau, Marlene Dietrich, The Dalai Llama, Though the name Beau Rivage Hotel tends, these days, to be more associated with Lausanne than Geneva, Switzerland, and indeed though the name has spread its special concept of luxury all around the world, those in the know are fully aware that the very first Beau Rivage was, and still very much still is, in Geneva. The Right Bank Geneva original has now no more association with those who share the illustrious Beau Rivage name and it carries on independently as one of, if not the, most elegant and opulent 5 star luxury hotel in Geneva. A 5 star luxury hotel which also boasts an internationally famous, Michelin starred restaurant, and one which even offers exclusive cooking classes with the chef. It really has a special place in the hearts of those who know and love this city, going all the way back to 1865. It has been in the same family (the Mayer family) for five generations now and has seen so much local, and European history along the way. The infamous murder of Empress Elisabeth of Austria and the founding of the now former state of Czechoslovakia READ MORE
- Most Famous Residents/Guests: Charles I & Zita, Last Emperors of Austria. The family friendly & pet friendly, Schloss Wartegg/Wartegg Castle Hotel has comfortable accommodation in a lovely setting by the shores of Lake Constance in North Eastern Switzerland. The castle dates back to 1558 and was the birthplace of Zita, the last Empress of Austria & Queen of Hungary, in the 19th century but was extensively renovated in the 1990s. The passage of time had resulted in quite a bit of structural damage and so much of the historical fabric was lost during the renovations. This means that the hotel, including the rooms, now looks quite modern internally, which is something of a pity, but it still does retain a certain historical feel. There is a quality organic restaurant at Schloss Wartegg, a luxurious spa, a fun playground for the kids and 32 acres of English gardens and trees, with woodland paths leading down to the lake. ACCOMMODATION: They have 25 rooms and suites at the hotel, from small singles to large family rooms to sleep up to four in two separate sleeping quarters, and junior suites which have a small lounge area. The rooms are modern and come with READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Victor Hugo, Charlie Chaplin, Coco Chanel. The 5 star Beau Rivage Palace sits in 10 acres of its own private gardens on the shores of Lake Geneva, Lausanne, and has stunning views across the lake and of the French Alps beyond. The hotel itself, including its spacious and elegant rooms and suites, is equally stunning and the entire experience is one which will satisfy even the most discerning of luxury hotel aficionados. It has four restaurants to choose from all of which are excellent quality but with one particularly stealing the show; the 2 Michelin starred Anne-Sophie Pic at Beau-Rivage Palace. Add to that some chic bars and lounges, some very opulent Cinq Mondes spa facilities, tennis courts, swimming pools, hot tubs, and from beginning to end extremely high levels of service, and it becomes easy to understand why Beau Rivage Palace is one of Switzerland’s very best luxury hotel resorts. It is also a place of great historical and political importance with, on 24 July 1923, the Treaty of Lausanne being signed here and, in April 2015, negotiations on the Iran nuclear deal framework taking place with foreign ministers from Iran, the U.S.A. and the European Union amongst READ MORE
- Address: Schloss Schadau,
Canton of Bern
SwitzerlandCategory: B&B Castle HotelsSchloss Schadau is a wonderfully elegant 200 year old manor house which offers old world charm and atmosphere, friendly staff, a lovely restaurant and a very romantic setting by Lake Thunersee, just south of Bern in Switzerland’s Bernese Oberland region. ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of accommodation from small double rooms to suites ranging in size from 18 to 44 m². The larger suites and rooms have a balcony and some terrific views over the lake and mountains, with the best value perhaps being the ‘Deluxe Room with Balcony’ which is only marginally smaller than the suites and has equally good views. The entire hotel is unashamedly old style, and the decor of the rooms, and the common areas, reflects this. They may have modern hotel features; cable TV and WiFi, satin sheets and Weseta linens etc. but nothing distracts much from the very charming late 19th-early 20th century ambience. Note: The accommodation is for over 18s only. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THING TO DO: There is a very fine restaurant at Schadau Castle where you’ll find modern interpretations of classic Franco-Mediterranean cuisine. It READ MORE
- Château de Mathod, near Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland, is a very charming and special place. A recognized historical monument, it was once the home of the Swiss artist Louis Rivier and has been in the same family for seven generations now. They have a luxury B&B guest suite at the chateau which is beautifully renovated and decorated, and though having all modern comforts still retains a tangible sense of history. The property also has some beautifully landscaped gardens, including a swimming pool, which guests are welcome to explore and enjoy. ACCOMMODATION: The chateau is the private home of your hosts but they also rent a single 30 m² (320 square foot) one double bedroom suite adjacent to the main building. This was once the studio of the above mentioned Louis Rivier, and it still has many of his original paintings adorning the walls. This cute, very romantic place is named in his honour as “Suite Louis Rivier”, though as you will see, it is listed in more modest terms as ‘Queen Room with Garden View’ on the booking.com page here. It has its own independent entrance, a rustic style double bedroom and a modern kitchen and bathroom. There is also an outdoor READ MORE