No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for, and reviews of, the best luxury 5 Star Castle Hotels in United Kingdom in 2021. All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Most Famous Guest: Sir Winston Churchill. Glenapp is an extremely charming luxury castle hotel hidden away in the forests of South Ayrshire, near Glasgow, Scotland. It has, since its inception in the year 2000, offered the best in five star luxury with consistently high levels of hospitality and friendly service. Designed by renowned architect David Bryce in the 1860’s, it is to this day one of the finest examples around of the Scottish Baronial style of architecture. It is filled with elegant period features and furnishings, has a world class, Michelin Star winning, restaurant, and with acres of landscaped gardens, sea views and a secluded forest setting it makes for a wonderfully romantic hideaway. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are seventeen B&B rooms and suites to choose from at Glenapp Castle. Many of them (on the upper floors) have sea views where you can look out upon the famous volcanic rock of Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and Holy Island in the distance, and on clear days it’s even possible to catch a glimpse of the hills of Antrim far across the water in Ireland. These are more expensive, naturally, than the ground floor rooms but you will find all of their rooms super comfortable, READ MORE
- The Lanesborough, on Hyde Park Corner, has perhaps London’s most prestigious address and consistently appears near the top of any sensible list of that city’s finest luxury hotels, with its double Michelin Starred Céleste Restaurant being an added bonus. A Grade II listed, Neoclassical building, it was built in 1827 during the reign of George IV to replace the previous mansion built by the 2nd Viscount Lanesborough in 1719, when the first King George; George I, was on the throne. The present day hotel is a stunning place, lavishly furnished in late Georgian/Regency style, it offers a level of luxury and class that few hotels in London, or anywhere else in the world for that matter, can match. For all its opulence though what also makes the Lanesborough stand out is its surprisingly down to earth, friendly ambience. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Lanesborough has 93 rooms and 43 suites to choose from, with la crème de la crème being the incredibly opulent, 363 m² – 3900 square feet, Lanesborough Suite. All the rooms and suites are doubles though an extra bed can also be provided if needed. The interior design at the Lanesborough, both in the accommodation and throughout the hotel READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Meghan Markle, Mahatma Gandhi, John Profumo, Christine Keeler. Meghan Markle left Cliveden House, near Windsor, on the morning of Saturday 19th May, for her wedding to Prince Harry having spend her last night as a single woman there (previous divorce aside!). We can’t be sure how much time she spent considering her accommodation options in the area but whichever way the highly glamorous Cliveden House was an excellent choice. From April to October on Thursdays and Sundays the doors of, at least part of, the magnificent property, are open to the admiring gaze of the public while all year round its beautifully manicured grounds are on display until evening. It’s a National Trust property, and one which attracts visitors from all around England and indeed the world but, unlike most other National Trust properties, Cliveden House is of course also a top of the range, 5 star luxury castle hotel, conveniently near London. The hotel possesses the sort of dubious glamour that is irresistible to many visitors, for you cannot mention Clivedon House without making reference to one of the most famous ever scandals in British Political history, the so called Profumo affair of the 1960s, an affair which READ MORE
- NOTE: ACKERGILL TOWER HOTEL IS, AS OF 2019, PERMANENTLY CLOSED. You can view other nearby castle hotels by clicking here Standing sturdy and tall near John O’Groats on the most northern part of the Scottish and British mainland, the 600 year old Ackergill Tower Hotel offers splendid isolation but with five star luxury, award winning levels of service, and a full 3,000 acres of private estate to be explored which includes miles and miles of stunning coastline. THE ACCOMMODATION: The hotel achieved five star status in 2012 and maintains extremely high levels of hospitality and service. There are 35 plush B&B rooms and suites to choose from, all of which display vintage sophistication and style, with traditional colour combinations and tartan patterns complimented by antique furniture, and in many rooms, four poster beds. They have some excellent self catering choices too; 5 luxury cottages on the 3000 acre private estate that offer independence and privacy while still being able to enjoy the superb facilities on offer at the castle itself, including its very highly regarded restaurant. For something extra special there is the stunning glass ceilinged Tree House; a spacious one double bedroom apartment perched in a 150 year old READ MORE
- The Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe, has been removed from our listings. It can still though be booked here at Booking.com: The Manor House Hotel at Booking.com. Or, to browse all our recommended castle hotels in England click here: Castle Stays in England READ MORE
- The 5 Star Lympstone Manor Hotel in South Devon is a Georgian era manor house turned exclusive contemporary hotel that has realistic ambitions to become one of South West England’s very finest. It describes itself as a ”new generation’ country house hotel and it oozes style and class; the superb interior design blending old and new with great panache. The setting is tremendous too with gardens running all the way down to the Exe estuary and the Jurassic Coast, and to top it all it has a restaurant that achieved its first Michelin star within six months of opening. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of individually styled, soundproofed rooms and suites all with hand crafted beds, temperature regulating duvets, plush fabrics and stylish furniture. Many come with balconies with estuary views and some of the suites have an outdoor hot tub on the private terrace. Check out your options on the booking page here. The bathrooms are particularly fantastic at Lympstone with enormous rainfall showers, romantic roll top baths and luxury L’Occitane toiletries. The hotel in general has an immaculate sense of style and there is much to learned here about interior design and attention to detail. Classic and READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. In 1873 curiosity led Queen Victoria to forgo her usual holiday home at Balmoral, Scotland and instead spend a week at Inverlochy Castle near Fort William. “I never saw a lovelier or more romantic spot” she noted in her diary and this is as true today as it was then. The 5 Star Inverlochy Castle Hotel is truly a very special place; an imposing loch side baronial mansion near Fort William and in the foothills of the highest peak of the Scottish Highlands, Ben Nevis. In later years, in its present incarnation as a hotel, it would also play host to the present Queen; HM Queen Elizabeth and her husband HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, as well as a long list of foreign dignitaries and royalty, and various celebrities including the likes of Charlie Chaplin, Sean Connery, Elton John and Anthony Hopkins. The 5 Star Inverlochy Castle is the ultimate in old fashioned sophistication and luxury and it has the added attraction of having one of Scotland’s finest restaurants, with food from the renowned father and son chef team; Albert and Michel Roux Jnr. THE ACCOMMODATION: There READ MORE
- The very grand, 5 Star Bovey Castle is a Dartmoor and South Devon institution. It has served as a luxury hotel for nearly 90 years now and still has oodles of old fashioned British elegance and class. It has a gorgeous setting too, by the River Bovey and Dartmoor National Park, and a vast country estate surrounding it that includes one of England’s finest golf courses. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 60 rooms at the castle, singles and doubles, and family rooms that can sleep up to four. Out on the estate grounds there are also a number three-bedroom, three bathroom, self catering lodges. Check out all your options on the booking page here. All the rooms are spacious, comfortable and well appointed, with the style being modest, understated luxury. The colour schemes are demure and soothing, fabrics are soft and inviting, and everything has a whiff of early 20th century class, despite the large flat screen satellite TVs and Nespresso coffee makers. Little touches include thick bathrobes, slippers, luxury ESPA toiletries, complimentary bottled water and decanters of estate produced sloe gin. The estate lodges are a relatively new addition and therefore more modern in style, though not glaringly so. They READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Laurel & Hardy, J.K. Rowling, Oprah Winfrey, The Queen Mother, Elizabeth Taylor. For over a hundred years the imposing 5 star Balmoral Hotel has sat at Edinburgh, Scotland’s most prestigious address; No. 1 Princes Street. The historic building and its grand clock tower are city landmarks and the hotel’s reputation here, as the ultimate in old fashioned sophistication and style, is second to none. Enjoy fine dining at its Michelin starred restaurant, sooth any strains at the award winning spa facilities, sample some Scotch at the famous Balmoral Whisky Bar which has over 500 varieties in total, and/or just relax, wander around and enjoy the delightfully civil atmosphere of this very special historic hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Balmoral describes itself as the ‘perfect marriage of tradition and modernity’ and though the modern is present it is the tradition that makes the building so unique and aesthetically pleasing. It is a classic 19th century homage to Renaissance architecture with bold, broad staircases, towering columns and large windows. There is a total of 168 rooms and 20 suites to choose from, all of which were individually styled by the designer Olga Polizzi in more, but not overtly so, contemporary READ MORE