No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for, and reviews of, the best luxury 5 Star Castle Hotels in France in 2021. All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
The Best Luxury Castle & Chateau Hotels, and Castles & Chateaux to Rent in France. Lowest Price Guaranteed via Booking.com
- Near to St Tropez and the French Riviera, this 5 Star château hotel is a slice of heaven in rural Provence and a place guaranteed to greatly please lovers of nature, wine and food. The vast majority of the 1,235 acres estate is left to the supervision of Mother Nature and is a classic Provençal mix of garrigue and centuries old trees. They have some charming gardens too, which include a swimming pool, and a vast 320 acres of vineyards. Their vineyards have been producing Provençal wines and rosés for over three hundred years, with their wines being consistently well rated. There are two fine restaurants at the hotel to enjoy too, one of which, Jardin de Benjamin, was awarded a Michelin star in 2017. They also have top of the range spa facilities and lots of activities on offer. Wine tasting, cellar & vineyard tours etc. are the first to spring to mind but also things like reiki and yoga, guided botanical walks, quad biking and the traditional French sport of Pétanque (boules). THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 27 spacious rooms and suites which generally have a rustic, country-chic vibe. With tiled floors, floral fabrics and much elegant antique furniture READ MORE
- Château de Fonscolombe is a magnificent 18th-century château built in the Italianite Quattrocento style, now a 5 Star boutique hotel in Provence, France. It has wonderfully elegant accommodation, beautiful botanic gardens, a vineyard and winery, spa facilities and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a 50 B&B rooms and suites at the château, from doubles to quadruples, with the rooms being classed as Standard, Deluxe and Superior, and the suites; Junior and Prestige. The Prestige Suites are the ultimate in style and class, and a lavishly romantic feast for the senses, but even the most standard rooms at Château de Fonscolombe, though more minimalist, are also elegant and chic. The entire château is immaculately restored, in formal 18th-century style and is a great pleasure to wander around. It has numerous lavish salons and intimate spaces to lounge in, and a great array of old art and antique furniture to be admired. There is a fine restaurant here, a separate lounge bar, spa facilities and an outdoor heated swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: L’Orangerie is the READ MORE
- Château de Bagnols, near Lyon, France, is a really quite magnificent 800 year old Beaujolais château now serving as a 5 Star luxury hotel. It has some terrifically opulent rooms and suites, beautiful gardens, top of the range spa facilities and a terrific fine dining, Michelin Star awarded, restaurant. Those factors alone would make it a wonderful place to stay but what makes Château de Bagnols extra special is its remarkably well preserved castle structure and the extremely impressive interior design which weds perfectly the historical and the modern. It is without doubt one of the the most beautiful chateau hotels in all of France. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of suites on offer, in the chateau itself and in the adjacent outbuildings. They come in various sizes with the smallest, the ‘Classic Suites’ being around 40 m² and the largest, the Lady Hamyln Suite being over 100 m². They are all beautifully old style with a host of original historical features on display; medieval frescoes, sturdy wooden beams and stone fireplaces. Add to that some choice antique furniture and art pieces, four poster beds, wall tapestries and Italian marble bathrooms with elegant, old style bathtubs, and a very READ MORE
- Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly, to give it its full title, is a lavishly beautiful, 5 Star chateau hotel near Paris, France with a sublime hilltop setting overlooking the ancient royal hunting grounds of Chantilly Forest. The chateau is quite a sight from the outside and was certainly built to impress. It is towering and commanding and yet elegant and refined. The interiors are more simple and understated than you might expect for such a lavish building but have oodles of old style, Belle Epoque charm. Their rooms and suites are suitably luxurious and elegant, and the hotel has superb facilities including a fine dining restaurant, a spa, swimming pool, tennis courts, pétanque course and more, plus the surrounding forest is perfect for long leisurely strolls and cycles, with bikes being available from the hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of 108 sound-proofed rooms and suites at the chateau, all of which are doubles and range from classic rooms through executive and deluxe rooms right up to Royal/Presidential Suites. They vary greatly in size from 25 to 115 m² but they all share the same sense of old fashioned French style and class, with lots of period decor READ MORE
- Most Famous Guests: Grace Kelly, Jacques Chirac, Queen Elizabeth II. The magnificent walled city of Carcassonne, France, is certainly a wondrous sight. The words ‘walled city’ can be used to refer to a huge number of cities around the world but in Carcassonne’s case the ‘walls’ are more castle ramparts than walls and so, rather excitingly, it could be said that Carcassonne is a city within a castle. So popular is it though that the hordes of tourists that descend on it every summer can take somewhat from the experience that such a stirring sight can promise. The walled city of Carcassonne has though a, not so little, secret that those in the know can use to take in all that medieval atmosphere without the masses. The secret is Hotel de la Cité, a beautifully crafted Neo-Gothic castle hotel tucked into the ramparts of the ancient walls that apart from being, in itself, a gorgeous and atmospheric property and the city’s only five star hotel, also gives access to the walls around which you can wander freely in the peace of the evening or night when all the tourists are gone. THE ACCOMMODATION: Hôtel De La Cité is undoubtedly Carcassonne’s READ MORE
- A former 12th century Knights Templar castle, Château Saint Martin is now a magnificent, 5 Star luxury hotel retreat set high in the hills above Saint Paul de Vence and the French Riviera. It has magnificent views, spacious, comfortable rooms and suites, over 30 acres of beautifully tended gardens which include a swimming pool and tennis courts, a Michelin Star Restaurant, opulent spa facilities and dedicated staff who offer a personalised service that is really second to none. To top it all Château Saint Martin also has an amazing array of art adorning its walls, art which includes works by such iconic figures as Picasso, Matisse, Renoir and Chagall. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a huge range of accommodation options at the chateau, from double rooms and suites at the chateau itself to luxury private, self catering villas on the hillside nearby. They are all classically styled, comfortable and spacious, with even the smallest of rooms being roughly 25 m². All too are airy, bright and clean with pastel shaded walls, country-chic Pierre Frey fabrics and large windows offering superb views. Internally the rooms might almost be a match for the suites but for the lack of terrace space which comes READ MORE