An exclusive, hand picked collection of Europe’s finest castle & historic property hotels & rentals…
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again. Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
No Records Found
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
A SAMPLE OF OUR LISTINGS:
- The 5 Star Villa Crespi Hotel, on the shore of Lake Orta, near Milan, Italy, is a unique and spectacular sight. Built in 1879 as a residence for a local wealthy cotton merchant, its eye-catching Arabesque architecture and minaret were inspired by its founder’s many business trips to the Baghdad of the 19th century. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation at Villa Crespi from entry level, classic rooms to spacious, lavishly decorated suites. All of them are relatively spacious, and definitely luxurious, with even the classic rooms you have around 22 m² of space plus a balcony, queen size (or twin, as desired) beds and romantic freestanding bath tubs for example. Check your options on the booking page here. Though the exteriors and much of the interiors of Villa Crespi are solidly Arabesque in style the interior decoration of the rooms and suites tends to be more classic European. They are very much old style romantic with four poster beds, antique furniture and art pieces, chandeliers, elegantly dressed windows and some really quite gorgeous bathrooms. It is a luxury hotel though so you can also expect modern conveniences; air-con, satellite TV, mini-bar etc. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: READ MORE
- Most famous former guest: King Henri IV of France, aka ‘Good King Henry’. Château de Chanzé is a beautifully authentic old château for rent near Angers in the heart of the Garden of France; the Loire Valley. It has history going all the way back to the 11th Century and still retains a huge amount of medieval ambience. There are five spacious bedrooms and suites in total, and the château can sleep up to fifteen people comfortably. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three spacious suites with en-suite bathrooms and lounge/seating areas, and two smaller bedrooms with shared bathroom. Two of the suites have one double bed and one single while the other has one double bed and two single beds. Of the two bedrooms, one has one double and one single bed and the other has just one double bed. Thus the château can sleep a total of up to fifteen people. The centre piece of the château is the very atmospheric 100m2 ‘Banquet Hall’ which has a five metre long solid oak dining table, an enormous, 17th century era fireplace, candelabras, handmade lead-light windows, a Young Chang grand piano and some lovely old antique furniture and art pieces. There is READ MORE
- Castillo de Arteaga is a fabulous Neo-Gothic castle hotel near Guernica in the rolling hills of the Basque Country. The present day structure was built in honour of Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte, Prince Imperial of France, in the mid 19th century, on the site of a ruined castle dating from the mid 15th century. Its four grand towers now make a very imposing sight over the wilds of the Urdaibai Nature Reserve and its interiors are a lavish feast for the eyes, though it has been fairly recently renovated the design and decoration remain true to the historical essence. The castle has just 13 rooms & suites for overnight stays and so has very much an intimate, boutique hotel feel. It can also pleasantly feel more like a stay in the home of a long lost relative rather than a stereotypical hotel stay. The small number of rooms and the quality of its hospitality though means it should be booked well in advance. THE ACCOMMODATION: The castle’s 13 rooms are divided between standard double and twin rooms, junior suites and full suites. The standard rooms are anything but standard, they are spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated, and they offer very good value READ MORE
- The Napoleon III era Château de Sacy is now a sophisticated boutique hotel near Reim in the heart of France’s Champagne region and just over an hour from Paris. With just 12 rooms and suites it is a homely, intimate place, which has friendly, helpful staff, an excellent restaurant and sweeping views over the surrounding vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: Your choices are between classic, superior and deluxe rooms and two lovely 50 m² suites. All are individually decorated, opulent and chic, and get the balance just right between modern and period style. They are also spacious with even the most basic rooms; the classic rooms, covering a minimum of 23 m². Of all the room choices these Classic Rooms probably represent the best value behind just a tad smaller than the Deluxe Rooms but equally stylish and comfortable, though their bathrooms have just a shower and no bath, if that’s important to you. Speaking of bathrooms and baths, those of the suites are really quite something, and come with classically romantic roll top baths. Take a look at all on the booking page here. Modern conveniences include Wifi and cable TV but, oddly enough for such a plush looking place, no READ MORE
- Château de Fonscolombe is a magnificent 18th-century château built in the Italianite Quattrocento style, now a 5 Star boutique hotel in Provence, France. It has wonderfully elegant accommodation, beautiful botanic gardens, a vineyard and winery, spa facilities and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a 50 B&B rooms and suites at the château, from doubles to quadruples, with the rooms being classed as Standard, Deluxe and Superior, and the suites; Junior and Prestige. The Prestige Suites are the ultimate in style and class, and a lavishly romantic feast for the senses, but even the most standard rooms at Château de Fonscolombe, though more minimalist, are also elegant and chic. Check your options out on the booking page here. The entire château is immaculately restored, in formal 18th-century style and is a great pleasure to wander around. It has numerous lavish salons and intimate spaces to lounge in, and a great array of old art and antique furniture to be admired. There is a fine restaurant here, a separate lounge bar, spa facilities and an outdoor heated swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: L’Orangerie is the hotel restaurant and serves what might best be described READ MORE
- Château Secretary is a beautifully authentic chateau for rent on the borders of the Dordogne and Lot et Garonne, near Bordeaux, France. The building is elegant and spacious, can house up to fourteen people over 6 bedrooms, and has an acre and a half of outdoor space which includes, gardens, parkland and an outdoor swimming pool. The minimum stay is seven days from Saturday to Saturday, and be aware that the chateau gets booked out months in advance so reserve as early as you can! THE ACCOMMODATION: As mentioned the chateau has six bedrooms, all with extra large double beds and one with an extra two single beds to make a total occupancy of fourteen with extra cots also available for infants. There are six bathrooms too and spacious common areas which include a fully equipped kitchen (catering though can also be arranged), lounge room with satellite TV, library, dining hall and outside a furnished terrace for al fresco lounging and dining which also has barbecue facilities. In the 1.2 acre grounds there is an outdoor swimming pool, sand floor volleyball court and table tennis. Take a look at all the details on the booking page here, and remember that READ MORE